I had heard of a carbonated coffee from a friend who had enjoyed one at a small coffee house. When he asked about their recipe – they kept it a secret. Even with this small amount of knowledge of such a drink, I was immediately blown away by the concept! I soon went to the store to grab some club soda to make my first… Sodacano. The results were incredible! My first attempts without ice ended up with the drink erupting over the sides! But with ice…. now that’s a refreshing beverage!
Check out the recipe!
- Club soda (4-6oz)
- A shot of espresso (1oz…or 2 if you’re feeling tired)
- (optional) Flavored creamer
- (optional) Syrup/Flavoring
- Pour your club soda and add ice into your serving glass. (If you’re using a flavoring, cream, or syrup, now might be a good time to go a head and add it in, as well)
- Pull your shot of espresso from your espresso machine.
- Pour immediately over your ice and club soda (don’t let your shot sit as you don’t want it to go bad!)
- Enjoy a refreshing and delightfully caffeinated beverage…a la, the one you just made!